Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Parenting Class #3, Pediatrician, and Heartburn

Class
Last night was class #3 of our parenting class, which focused on c-section information in the beginning portion, then went into breathing exercises to be used during labor in the second portion (which was good for us since we are not taking a Lamaze class).

The c-section part wasn't bad really. I thought they would show a live birth of it, but instead, they showed it in 3D. Still had the same effect though.. lots of cringing and gasping in the class towards the end of the demo (I wont go into details in case there are squeamish people reading this).

The breathing exercises at the end was nice. We learned three different types for the three different stages of labor. She even made sure all the guys practiced with the moms so that they are aware of how much work it actually takes to breath a certain way for a minute or longer. It also good for them to know so they can look for cues if we're not doing it right.

Pediatrician
In other news, we picked out a pediatrician :) I am part of a parenting message board called BabyGaga and I have met a lot of women who are due in the month of February. One lady is from Hawaii, so I asked her who her pediatrician was and she highly recommended the one she has. So I called the doctor and Matt and I had a sit-down interview with her last Friday. She has a lot of the same view points as we do (like with breast-feeding, circumcision, etc) and seems really nice. Her name is Nadine Salle.

Heartburn
So a few entries ago I mentioned how my doctor prescribed me Nexium for my heartburn... boy does it WORK!!!!!!! The very first night I was able to sleep well for the first time in a long time (well, except for having to get up to use the restroom, but I can at least quickly fall back asleep upon returning to bed). The next night, we tempted fate and had pizza for dinner, knowing for sure I was going to be up all night with heartburn. NOPE! No heartburn at all. It's been almost a week now and it hasn't returned. I'm so very happy :)

The newest thing happening now though, is that my hips/pelvic bone REALLY hurt. I'm not quite sure why, as I don't think the baby has dropped yet (at least it doesn't look that way to me). It hurts to go from sitting to standing.. I walk with a limp/waddle now because of the pain, and night whenever I have to switch sides while sleeping my hips will pop really loud and hurt while I move. I've tried taking pain meds but nothing has really worked... I think the only cure, at this point, is to have the baby haha! Only 3 weeks and 1 day left to go!!

Coming up this week: Turning 37 weeks (full term!) and OB appointment on Friday

1 comment:

deb talarico said...

your ligaments are loosening in preparation for the delivery. that is the bodies way of making the pelvis opening big enough for the head and shoulders. sleep with a pillow between your knees if you don't already. glad to hear the heartburn is finally gone!