Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mommy's Birthday

So today was my first birthday as a mommy :) It started at 2am when Isaac woke up (after sleeping for 4 hours!!!) for a feeding. Then again at 4am and then he let me sleep in until almost 8 before his next one (he was actually awake at around 7:30 but grandma was holding him and he didn't mind waiting to eat apparently haha).

Matt made waffles with the new waffle maker he bought me for my birthday. It's a gift for me, but he will probably get the most use out of it.. which is fine by me as long as I get waffles! haha!! He also got me a new Disney movie on Blueray, Snow White. We want to collect all the Disney movies on Blueray so this was good :) The only thing I am a bit bummed about though, is that I ordered a Moby Wrap for myself through Babies R Us. According to the FedEx tracking site, they delivered it on Friday.. but we never got it. I was kinda thinking that Matt had it and was going to give it to me today as a gift for fun, but nope. It just never showed up! I called FedEx and they are going to contact the FedEx hub here in Honolulu and let them know I never got my package. They are supposed to call back... hopefully they find it and they send it to me.

In the afternoon, Mom, Mikee, Isaac and I went to Target (Matt decided to stay behind and get some Call of Duty gaming in lol). With money I got from various family members, I got myself four shirts, three shorts, and two bras. We also got Isaac an activity area. I had been meaning to get one since he has started liking to just hang out on the floor and look around. Below are some pictures:




 He was really good at the store.. considering he slept the whole time. Of course, all the way home he was screaming his head off (he was hungry). So we hurried home. Poor boy worked himself into such a fit that he was soaked with sweat down his back (he was in his carseat which didn't help the sweat and the car was warm). His hair was drenched too :( So I changed his outfit so he wouldn't get cold with the wet clothes and then fed him.

We went out to dinner tonight to Red Lobster. I even put on make-up! WOohoo! Isaac did really good, as he was sleeping yet again. He fussed for a little bit when we first got there but then Matt was able to get him to fall asleep again and we were able to eat in peace. We had such fast service that we were in and out before Isaac started crying to eat (I had a bottle ready, just in case). He nursed once we got home though.

Also, all day today his feedings have been every 2.5hrs instead of every 2.. so he is starting to stretch them out!


We had cake and ice cream (yum!) then we gave him a bath... which went VERY well. He didn't cry at all. Not when we undressed him... not when we washed him... not when his hair got wet.. not even when he got out of the bath. He was so content and happy that he just sat in the bath for a good 5 minutes afterwards, babbling away to us while we poured water over his tummy and hair (so he wouldn't get cold). He also loves the hair dryer. We use it to make sure his hair gets fully dried, especially in the back where it's the thickest. We then run it along his tummy and legs and he just loves it (don't worry, we dont put it very close to his skin so it doesn't burn him). He nursed and is now tucked away in his crib, hopefully sleeping until 12 or 1am.

Since we didn't have to use the bottle today, we are saving it for tomorrow so that Matt and I can go to the movies and Grandma Teresa and Papa Mikee can watch him for us. Below is another picture with Isaac and Grandma T:



That was my birthday in a nutshell! Hope everyone else had a great day!

No comments: