Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, March 29, 2010

5 weeks old, Pediatrician Appointment & more grandparents!

Today Isaac is 5 weeks old! YAY! Look at the growing (sleeping) boy:



So aside from turning 5 weeks old, Isaac also had his pediatrician appointment today.
He now weighs 9lbs 2oz and its 20.25 inches long!!! For some reason I thought he wasn't even past 8lbs yet!

So this is the information that I got from the doctor:
He is growing very well and my milk is definitely feeding him.

He has a small hernia by his belly button, that is two fingers wide. It's not an issue and will most likely clear itself by the time he is 9 month old. It's also very common with babies. The only reason it would be a concern is if he starts screaming in pain and the hernia is hard (its currently soft). That means it got snagged on something and he will need to go to the ER. It's rare that that happens though so I think we will be ok. One thing that will help him is letting him lay on his back, which is actually something he likes to do. He'll just lay on a blanket on the floor and look around and babble for up to a half hour.

She confirmed that he has colic, just by telling her all that happens with him. There really isn't anything we can do for it, aside from just helping him work out the gas from his system. It usually lasts 3 months, so we just have two more months to go.. woohoo?
She also said that since he is still gassy even though I took out milk from my diet more then 3 weeks ago, then most likely milk is not the issue and I should put it back in my diet. If I'm not getting calcium, he's not getting it either.

And last, his poop issues are mainly because I am still not drinking enough water. So I need to drink more and more. She also said that if he goes two days without going, that I can use baby suppositories for him and help him go (he went another 2.5days without going and was miserable until 10pm last night when he FINALLY went).

In fun news, Grandma Teresa (Grandma T) and Papa Mikee are visiting!



 They've already had an introduction to Colicy Isaac last night haha! And believe it or not, this was Mikee's first time holding a baby! Next up, diaper changing! hahahah!

1 comment:

deb talarico said...

glad the relief help is there!