Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Parenting Class #2

So last night Matt and I had our second parenting class. It's held at our Hospital (Queens Medical Center) in a small auditorium. Our first class was last Monday, but nothing really interesting happened there. We took a tour of the hospital again (Matt and I took one right before visiting family in November) and signed registration paperwork.

Yesterday is what I consider the first "real" class session. Each week, the class is taught by someone different, from different areas of the hospital. Yesterday's class focused on Labor and Delivery.

During the first part, the lady talked about water breaking, dilation, and all that fun stuff. Then she showed us tools that they have that are used to help the baby during birth (such as the vacuum and forceps).

We then got to watch a few short videos, which contained both 3D video and real-life video of a vaginal birth and all that goes on in the uterus, the baby, and the mom during the different stages of labor. That was fun! haha... actually, thanks to TLC and other various TV stations, I've seen a few live vaginal births before, so it really didn't phase me. I believe Matt was doing good as well. I did hear a few others getting a little squirmy in their chairs though (especially when they showed a live birth of the placenta. FUN!! haha..)

The video also talked about medications during birth and we got to see how an epidural was administered. I know I am definitely getting one, and honestly, it doesn't seem to bad to have done... ask me later if I still feel that way though haha!!!

Overall, it was a very informative class. My head was full of lovely images and information, which played out in my dreams last night, whenever I could fall asleep. The little guy was moving around A LOT, making me cramp a bit at some times. My heartburn has been getting worse at night.. I'm going to beg my doctor to let me take something stronger then TUMs, Rolaids, or Maalox. They just are not doing their job anymore, except giving me bad upset stomachs and even some nausea now.

I have my NST Scan and OB appointment later today. I will update with that information either tonight or tomorrow morning :)

No comments: