Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

OB Appointment on 1/27/10

Had an OB appointment today and it went really well.

I was hooked up to the NST machines (NST = Non Stress Test) for 20 minutes first thing again. The baby didn't really start moving/doing what he needed to do until the last part. The nurse told me that I may have to do the test again if the doctor needs me too. Thankfully, he didn't. I have to lay almost flat on my back and when I do that, the baby crushes my lungs so its kinda uncomfortable.

After the scan, I had my blood pressure and weight taken. Blood pressure was normal and I gained 2lbs since my last weigh-in, which was 2 weeks ago, putting me at a total of about 15lbs weight gain this pregnancy so far. Not too shabby :)

Then I met with the doctor, who measured my belly and I am still measuring a little small at 34.5CM (I should be almost 36) but he said it's ok. He did a very quick ultrasound and we found that the baby is head down again! YAY!! My hope now is that he stays head-down.

I was also able to get a prescription of Nexium for heartburn! I told him how TUMs, Rolaids, and Maalox just wasn't doing it anymore. I said that I found two Class B heartburn meds that I hope I could take and he agreed to write a prescription for one of them. Now I just have to wait to see if it helps. If its not helping by my next appointment (next Friday) then he will probably give me a bigger dose.

I turn 36 weeks tomorrow meaning there is only 4 more weeks left to go!!!!!!!

No comments: