Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Isaac goes to PA.. by himself!

Well this last weekend was definitely an interesting one. Deb took Isaac to Pennsylvania for the weekend, all by himself. Madison's birthday party happening on Friday that I couldn't attend, but that didn't mean Deb and Isaac couldn't go (and Isaac's daycare was closed on Friday due to a vacation the family was taking, so I had no one to watch him if he stayed home). That left mommy with a very empty and quiet house for THREE WHOLE DAYS!

Everyone was saying I should go on a shopping spree.. get my hair cut.. get my nails done.. go to a spa.. go to the movies..

Ya.. Want to know what I did? I cleaned. The whole house. It really needed it and I was able to take my time and not have to worry about a 1yr old being around chemicals, or having to try and get everything squeezed in during his nap times. I felt very accomplished and loved seeing my house picked up and clean.

I did do a bit of shopping on Sunday, but that was as Target and was mainly getting things for the house haha I did go to the Lings for dinner though, which was nice since I hadn't seen them in almost a month!

Throughout the weekend, I got daily updates and I even got to Skype with Isaac once as well. Turns out, he barely even noticed I was gone. He gave no issues with bed times or nap times. He did excellent on all car trips. I'm glad he did so well! Makes me feel much better :)

They returned on Sunday, very late at night. He slept until almost 9:30 the next morning haha

Since they were gone this past weekend, I didn't have any pictures for this week's post.. so I got out the camera this evening  and got a few cute ones to show off :)

 He's such a ham!

 He's finally playing with the car ramp toy we got him for Christmas... 
but instead of using cars, he was using Easter eggs.

 This is his "cheese!" face.. whice he says all on his own when he sees the camera now.

 "Dada!"

 Giving he picture of daddy a kiss

 Having bath time with Grandma Deb

 "Quack quack!"

 Laughing at Grandma

 Just a silly face

 Reading a book before bed

All clean and ready for bed!

Last week I listed some new words that Isaac was saying and I have a few more to add:
spin (pronounced like "pin")
window (pronounced like "win-oh")
Jimmy (pronounced like "mimmy")
Danny (pronounced like "mammy")
Dendy (our neighbor's name)
Cheese (he says this when he see's the camera now, all on his own! It's not a new word but a new thing he does and it doesn't refer to food)

 Well that's about it! Tomorrow Isaac goes back to daycare and Grandma Deb goes home. It was great having her here and helping out! And next Friday, on July 1st, Matt comes home!!!!!!!!!! YAY! :)

No comments: